Monday, May 5, 2014

DWTS Week 8: My Favourites

WOW. I stopped watching ABC'S Dancing with the Stars for a while now, only checking back occasionally and boy am I glad I watched today's episode.

Spoiler alert, proceed with caution!

Opening number: I didn't know Mark Ballas sang on his own, it was quite a catchy tune I must admit! I loved the feel of the opening dance.

Danica McKellar and Val Chmerkovskiy:
I loved this tango. I loved how dramatic the opening was and how it really suited the song. And to think that Danica danced with a broken rib!

Charlie White and Sharna Burgess:
The quickstep is a personal favourite of mine in Standard, so to see this danced lightheartedly was incredibly fun. I loved Sharna's dress and hair, she was stunning!

Amy Purdy and Derek Hough:
HOLY. How amazing is this woman?! In my eyes this dance was flawless. Everything about it was absolutely beautiful. Can you tell just how much I loved it? I truly hope she goes to win the mirror ball! And Derek Hough, that man. No words.

Candace Cameron Bure, Mark Ballas, Charlie White, Sharna Burgess:



This was a lovely contemporary piece for the two couples. Initially I wasn't sure about the concept of 
Candace's feet never touching the ground when she dances with Charlie, but once I saw it executed, it wasn't that bad. It looked a bit strenuous during the lifts but hey, Charlie's well versed in lifting. Overall I found myself enjoying the dance a lot more than I thought I would

James Maslow, Peta Murgatroyd, Amy Purdy, Derek Hough:



This was a stunner. I enjoyed every bit of the dance and I don't really know what to say about it!
Hope you all enjoyed this post. It's a bit of a new type of post than my usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment